This site is almost finished.I have to go through the images that are uploaded and delete some duplicates.My husband and i are still going to work on a new rosary guide based on a wall rosary that belonged to my mother. This will take time.
I've added some new pages and images-there may be the addition of a few more images. However,most of what i intended to do here is done.
Some are pages i had not intended to do but felt inspired to do as i went along.
There is such a thing as maybe being too long or too short.I hope this is just right. I tried to think of the most common objections non Catholics have to our love of Mary.I hope i answered them simply and respectfully.
Love of Mary can never exclude an even greater love of Jesus. I know He doesn't mind at all.
If there's an objection i missed pls include it in a comment and i'll respond immediately if i can.
Be assured you won't have to wait too long.
You can always stop by the Cathoilc Pillar and Foundation message board. In the end i may include a section on the Eastern Catholic ChurchLook for this page in the near future.I would hate to leave it out.
Prayer to St Joseph For A Happy Death
O Blessed Joseph, you gave your last breath in the loving embrace of Jesus and Mary. When the seal of death shall close my life, come with Jesus and Mary to aid me. Obtain for me this solace for that hour - to die with their holy arms around me. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I commend my soul, living and dying, into your sacred arms. Amen.
I have decided that eventually some of the main pages could be redone and placed into subpages.
This is a work in progress.Hopefully it will improve.I also want to mention that Mary heard my prayer and i recieved a phone call.
Some of it was painful. Some of it brought hope.Some of it was confusing.I have to attribute the call to Mother Mary and believe that in time her intercession with her Son will bring healing.
Thank you Mother Mary.
I cannot imagine that a God of love and the love of our Heavenly Mother would not bring healing. Help me to offer up the pain and difficulty of the situation until then.Help us go on in some way.
Read as taken from John Paul Ii's General Audience
this is the union of one man/one woman for life. It cannot be redefined. People in all ages have recognized, at the least, that marriage takes place between the union of male and female.This has not changed.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church states, "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.
Our President claims he is 'grappling' with the issue of gay marriage but when he was campaigning he said it plainly that he believed that marriage was between one man and one woman.There is no reason for our President to grapple with
the issue because he already stated his own principles on this matter.
You can feel sympathy for people who have same sex attraction but that doesn't mean you can approve of it no matter how difficult it may seem to be for those people. You can respect them as persons because we do not have to define who they are by a term. We define them as persons with the dignity and respect all persons deserve. We have to see them in light of being whole persons.We do not help them by approving of their disordered life style.We do not help the institution of marriage by redefining it.Marriage leads to life-life leads to family and family is the buildling block of any society.WIthout this the fabric of our civilization falls apart and we begin to sink to our lowest common denominators. We become depraved.We can no longer recognize perversion for what it is nor the healthy institution of marriage for what it is.We can have a good marriage,a badmarriage or even choose to live the single life but we still recognize marriage for what it is,good or bad. Unfortunately people fail the institution or are badly prepared for it-or simply make wrong choices but the problem is not with marriage.
Let's not attack marriage anymore than it already has been.
The Holy Family
Image taken from holyfamilycatholicchurch-saginaw.org/our_history
In the Scott Hahn conversion story he writes this,covenants form kinship bonds which makes family with God.
Family, that is. We call God our Father.He is. We call Jesus our brother(He is). Mary our mother?
I take it that you've heard we are called the Family of God. How is Jesus given to the world? Through family.
Catholics refer to this as the Holy Family.
It's all about family.Fatherhood,Motherhood,Sons,Daughters.Family.
I'll provide a few links of Dr Scott Hahn's material.Highly recommend!
1. let us agree that Mary is a woman.Catholic doctrine/dogma never states otherwise.
2. Was she highly favored like all the other women of the OT? Ask yourself,Did the other women conceive the Messiah? Most of the highly favored women of the OT were barren and conceieved. Mary was not barren.She was overshadowed by the power of God.The hypostatic union took place.Her spouse was the Holy Spirit.
Note that the angel's salutation preceded Mary's acquiescence. Mary was already highly favored. God's grace was not given in time after Mary accepted the angel's word.
She is like the other women but NOT like the other women because she conceived Jesus and did not have natural relations to conceieve.
3. The angel greeted Mary with God's message.Hail,full of grace. FULL OF. Yes,the martyr Stephen received grace from God. Notice that the grace that is given to Mary and the grace that is given to Stephen is NOT the same. The scripture is clear.
4. Mary is human.She is free from sin because she is saved from sin by her Son's death on the cross. However,she is saved from sin outside of time because God is outside of time.We were redeemed from our sins before we committed them.Mary was conceived free from sin because God created her.Then she was assumed into heaven.This means not by her own power.ONLY JESUS rose from the dead.She was assumed by God because she was free from sin.
5. Genesis tells us that God put enmity between Mary and Satan.This is total enmity.She was either totally for God and without sin at all,or she was a little bit for God and could be a little bit for Satan(with sin)and not have total enmity. It just makes sense to me that the woman who would concieve Jesus(God), be a spouse of the Holy Spirit would not have sin at all.It also makes sense to me that this is possible for God who is outside of time.And it's especially possible because He created His mother. Finally Adam and Eve were created without sin as were the angels.This means that it is possible;God created His creatures without sin.Of course,the fall of Adam and Eve brought sin and death into the world and the sin of Lucifer and the angels banished them from heaven beyond redemption.
6. People say there is nothing in scripture re Mary;or they claim there are a few scant verses.The same could be said about the dogma of the Trinity;but it's there. BTW.There is plenty said in scripture re both Mary and the Trinity.More passages than we think if we just SEE them.
7. Mary is the perfect model for Motherhood.In a culture denigrating the role of motherhood and hell bent on aborting the unborn veneration of Mary is the answer.
ONLY a woman can become a mother. It is something a man can never do. This-motherhood-is how God chose to come into the world and Mary is the woman He created and chose to be His mother.
Or you could say He chose then created. It is Mary and she is promised in Genesis.
8.Jesus and Mary are the book ends of scripture. They are promised in Genesis and appear in John's vision of Revelation.
Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.
A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth. Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems. Its tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them down to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman about to give birth, to devour her child when she gave birth. She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne. The woman herself fled into the desert where she had a place prepared by God, that there she might be taken care of for twelve hundred and sixty days.
i have just inserted a new page-The Divine Mercy of Jesus. It begins with a Divine Mercy Image.The Final Page here will be a Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary.
On this final page, before i begin the Consecration, there will be a section on commonly raised objections to Catholic dogma/doctrine re Mary.
Do Saints come in pairs?